About Me

My photo
Bowling Green, KY, United States
I have been married for 20 years to an amazing man, Scott....we were high school sweethearts! We have three beautiful children: Hillary, Drew and Mollie Grace. I currently work at Hillvue Heights Church as the assistant to the children's pastor. I love my job and it was the answer to 2 years of prayer. Jesus is my Lord and Savoir....without him I am nothing. Our life is crazy chaotic and I would not change anything!!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Baptism








My 83 year old grandmother was baptized this past weekend.....She was saved as a little girl but had never been baptized. I had the honor and privilege of being in the water with her...I had talked with her a couple of years ago about her salvation. After a service where Pastor Jamie reminded us not to assume about someones salvation, and had told a story of him talking with his grandfather. I felt prompted by the Holy Spirit to go and speak with Doodle. She assured me that she did have a personal relationship with Jesus, but that she had never been baptized. Long story short the opportunity had not come about til now because of some limitations she has with climbing stairs and so forth. But how the Glory of God was shown this weekend. She is terrified of water and can't swim a lick....I was so proud of her. Over 40 people were baptised at this service. It is a weekend long event at Barren River Lake known as Godstock. This was the 15th year!! God was among us and people's lives were changed. Those that were among the walking dead are now alive in Jesus!!

No comments: